04 October 2010

TMForum membership

I have finally got around to becoming a member of the TMForum.

I had considered joining for quite some time, but the membership fee was a sufficient deterrent to prevent action and to allow inertia to reign. However the desire to have direct access to the resources, such as the SID that the TMForum offer to its members and the wish to tap into a community who are users of the SID and to see if anyone would be interested to hear what I have to say and, hopefully to pay for it finally tipped the balance.

So far, I must say, the experience has been very pleasant, apart from having my inbox flooded by interesting emails from the TMForum Community. I am sure I will refine my interest group membership in the near future to get around this. The biggest pleasure has been the direct contact I have had with the great and the good of TMForum.

First of all I got a phone call from my TMForum account manager. He phoned me to find out about me, my reasons for joining the TMForum and to tell me how to get the most out of my membership. As a result of that call I got an email from John Reilly, who in the SID world is a giant and a guru, inviting me to have a phone conversation with him.

I had the phone call with John last week. He was charming and provided me with useful information on how to become fully involved in the SID in particular and Frameworx in general. John then suggested I might consider putting this blog on the TMForum website!

This certainly has given me pause for thought. I have a quite lot to say about the SID and its use in 'the wild' but could I find something new and interesting to say on a regular basis?

So that's where you, my readers, come in. It would help me if anyone reading this blog to suggest SID related topics or problems that they would like me to explain or explore in the way I have for things like Customer Facing Service, Product and Resource.

I look forward to any comments and I will let you know if I start blogging on the TMForum website.

No comments: